Are you ready to try some new painting techniques in 2012?
Would you like to know more about how to use fluid acrylic paints?
Do you want to wake up your color palette with bold, exciting color?
If so, please join me for a 6-week painting class on Wednesday evenings starting February 15, 2012.
We will be using Golden Fluid acrylic paints on canvasboard or gessoboard. Subject matter will be landscapes and gardens in bold color. Drawings will be provided so beginners can concentrate on learning the painting techniques, but artists with drawing experience are encouraged to bring and use your own reference materials.
Here are a few of the things that will be covered in the class:
- How to use a Munsell color wheel to develop a dynamic color palette for a painting
- The difference between heavy body and fluid acrylics and when to use each type.
- How to avoid making “muddy” colors when mixing
- What acrylics do better than watercolors
- Why a red background is ideal for landscape painting
I’m excited to be offering this class at The Village Artists at the Village at Sandhill, Columbia, SC. The classroom has easels and plenty of space, so we should have a wonderful time.
I look forward to seeing you in the class!